Improving Flow for Scrum Teams
Always wanted to know how to use the Kanban principles and practices to optimize the flow of your Scrum team? How to use several Kanban metrics to measure flow?
Professional Scrum with KanbanTM (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis.
What You Will Learn
Students will learn how their Scrum Teams can introduce complementary practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. In this class, students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adapt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively use appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum.
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility for their work.
- Get introduced with useful metrics to get more insight on flow.
Dispelling Common Myths
Understanding Professional Scrum
Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
Kanban in Practice
Scrum with Kanban
- Agile Metrics
Who Should Attend
Professional Scrum with Kanban is appropriate for practitioners who are looking for additional tools to improve their Scrum teams.
Professional Scrum with Kanban Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. PSK class participants who attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
What Is Included
- Printed course materials
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- One free attempt at the PSK I assessment (does not expire) – a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost